|An individual at least 18 years old but not more than 65 years old may register with the Fund under voluntary membership. However, said individual shall be required to comply with the set of rules and regulations for Pag-IBIG members
including the amount of contribution and schedule of payment. In addition, they shall be subject to the eligibility requirements in the event of availment of loans and other programs/benefits offered by the Fund.
The following shall be allowed to apply for voluntary membership:
- Non-working spouses who devote full time to managing the household and family affairs, unless they also engage in another vocation or employment which is subject to mandatory coverage, provided the employed spouse is a registered Pag-IBIG member and consents to the Fund membership of the non-working spouse;
- Filipino employees of foreign government or international organization, or their wholly-owned instrumentality based in the Philippines, in the absence of an administrative agreement with the Fund;
- Employees of an employer who is granted a waiver or suspension of coverage by the Fund under RA 9679;
- Leaders and members of religious groups;
- A member separated from employment, local or abroad, or ceased to be self-employed but would like to continue paying his/her personal contribution. Such member may be a pensioner, investor, or any other individual with passive income or allowances;
- Public officials or employees who are not covered by the GSIS such as Barangay Officials, including Barangay Chairmen, Barangay Council Members, Chairmen of the Barangay Sangguniang Kabataan, and Barangay Secretaries and Treasurers;
- Such other earning individuals/groups as may be determined by the Board by rules and regulations.