- All employees who are or ought to be covered by the Social Security System (SSS), provided that actual membership in the SSS shall not be a condition precedent to the mandatory coverage in the Fund. It shall include, but are not limited to:
- A private employee, whether permanent, temporary, or provisional who is not over sixty (60) years old;
- A household helper earning at least P1,000.00 a month. A household helper is any person who renders domestic services exclusively to a household such as a driver, gardener, cook, governess, and other similar occupations;
- A Filipino seafarer upon the signing of the standard contract of employment between the seafarer and the manning agency, which together with the foreign ship owner, acts as the employer;
- A self-employed person regardless of trade, business or occupation, with an income of at least P1,000.00 a month and not over sixty (60) years old;
- An expatriate who is not more than sixty (60) years old and is compulsorily covered by the Social Security System (SSS), regardless of citizenship, nature and duration of employment, and the manner by which the compensation is paid. In the absence of an explicit exemption from SSS coverage, the said expatriate, upon assumption of office, shall be covered by the Fund.
An expatriate shall refer to a citizen of another country who is living and working in the Philippines.
- All employees who are subject to mandatory coverage by the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), regardless of their status of appointment, including members of the judiciary and constitutional commissions;
- Uniformed members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Bureau of Fire Protection, the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, and the Philippine National Police;
- Filipinos employed by foreign-based employers, whether they are deployed here or abroad or a combination thereof.